It's been WAY too long since my late update. My apologies! I have written another post since January, but I have been lacking the photos to finally publish it.. but it's on it's way, I promise!
But for now, I can fill you in on the latest Vancouver 'yarny' event - Fibres West!
This spinning/knitting/fibre-craft convention takes place every spring in Cloverdale, Surrey, BC. It's full of local vendors, terrific classes, and tons and tons of friends I get to catch up with every year.
I used to just go as a shopper, but this year I also attended as a vendor! SweetGeorgia Yarns always has a booth there, and this Friday I helped shoppers find their yarn, fibre and patterns!
Don't worry - I got my fill of shopping done too... I returned on Saturday and filled my basket up with an assortment of goodies I can't find anywhere else! Below is a photo of a sample of my haul:
- a handmade sock bag from Smith & Ewe
- 100g of hand-dyed merino and silk from Muse Fibre Works
- 2 oz of mohair locks from Blackcomb Fibre Farms
- 2 oz of "Taste The Exotic" blend from Ancient Arts Fibre Crafts (Bison, Alpaca, Merino, Silk, and Quivit!)
- a vintage bone crochet hook from Alaska from Fibres Plus
.... and a cup-holder for my Ladybug from Birkeland Bros.
Ain't life grand?
Now I can't wait for Knit City, Vancouver's next big knitting event! I hope to see the same familiar faces and add a few more goodies to my stash...!